How about a step-by-step walk thru of installing the FREE Valentina Server and FREE Valentina Studio on Mac OS X? With this step-by-step video walk thru, you will learn how to do this, as well as set up a client-server test system on your local computer.
Valentina Server incorporates both the ultra-fast Valentina DB database system and Valentina Reports Server. Valentina Reports supports all major databases on the market, though in this tutorial we will be focusing on the basics of setting up a Valentina database.
First you will:
- Download Valentina Server and Valentina Studio from the Paradigma Software website
Then onto details about Valentina Server:
- How to install Valentina Server under Mac OS X
- How to install a Server License File under Mac OS X
- How to start Valentina Server under Mac OS X using the Valentina Server Preferences Panel
Next, you have instructions on Valentina Studio:
- How to install Valentina Studio under Mac OS X
- How to serialize and activate FREE Valentina Studio from within Valentina Studio
But there’s more! See how to:
- Connect from Valentina Studio to Valentina Server using Bonjour (Apple’s version of Zero-Config)
- How to create a new database from Valentina Studio on Valentina Server as an administrator
- How to create a table in the new database on Valentina Server
- How to add fields to a database on Valentina Server
- How to create new records on a database on Valentina Server
Watch this new movie [6 minutes] How to Install Free Valentina Server and Valentina Studio on Mac OS X on Youtube.