Valentina Reports ADK for Xojo lets you embed a complete reports system into your business applications made with Xojo; however more powerful than this is generating reports from Valentina Server, the ultra-fast solution from Paradigma Software, and then displaying them from a Xojo Web application.
With this step-by-step video walk thru, you can see how to…
- Download the pre-made Sakila database in Valentina database format
- One step drag and drop installation of the Sakila database to Valentina Server
- How to register the new database on Valentina Server using Valentina Studio
- How to create a new Valentina Project on Valentina Server using Valentina Studio
- How to add a data source to a Valentina Project
- How to add a new query to a Valentina Project
- How to generate a new Report using the step-by-step Report Wizard
- How to preview a new Report from within Valentina Studio (or Valentina Studio Pro)
- How to create a new Xojo application especially for Web deployment with a few controls
- How to add initiate / close Valentina Client code to the Xojo application project
- How to add code to generate a report that you can download as a PDF file (remember to comment your code!)
- How to add code to connect to (and later close) a local host version of Valentina Server
- How to run and test your work in a browser
You can see this new video How to Generate Valentina Reports from a Xojo Web Application on Youtube.