We almost forgot when talking about MS SQL Server support that Valentina Reports can also use Oracle Database Server as a datasource. You can do this on all three supported operating systems with Valentina Reports ADK 5.5, with a little help from Valentina Studio Pro. And you don’t need Java or expensive solutions like Crystal Reports, Actuate or Oracle’s BI Publisher.
Consider also that there’s a Valentina Reports ADK for every major development environment – .net, Objective-C, C++, even COM, and RAD tools like LiveCode, Xojo or even…unbelievably…Adobe Director!
Right now you can…
- Download Valentina Studio to do the following steps…
- Make a new Valentina Project (from File Menu) on your desktop
- Make a new datasource — define to your Oracle server
- Make a new Report – can be with simple query as SELECT * FROM T, do click, click, click in the wizard to get default layout of fields.
- Click PREVIEW button on the left to see report with data from your Oracle Server.
To start use this new datasource in your application you need just to specify a corresponded string that describes datasource connection string. See details.