Valentina Studio 6 is the best free database development and administration tool available. This release is a massive three year rewrite of the application in order to provide the best, most stable product for current and future versions of operating systems.
Valentina Studio includes a feature rich SQL Editor for writing queries and then executing them against a local or remote database or database server. In addition to performance improvements as a result of the rewrite, Valentina Studio 6 also adds the following features.
- MS SQL Server Client Plugin. MS SQL Server administrators can use Valentina Studio 6 to work with databases on SQL Server
- SQLite Server Client Plugin. Works with the new Valentina SQLite Server now incorporated into Valentina Server 6
- 64 Bit Cocoa Native on Mac OS X. Native support improves OS specific features such as full screen use, using the trackpad and more.
- Retina Support on Mac OS X. Pervasive user interface improvements include scalable icons and also scaling of report objects
- System Themes on Linux. An alternative version on Linux allows the user interface to take advantage of themes.
- SQL Editor Improvements. A new panel displays the Schema Objects tree and queries created in Query Builder
Valentina Studio broad support of database formats now include MySQL, MariaDB, PostgreSQL, SQLite, MS SQL Server and Paradigma Software’s own Valentina DB object-relational database system (both for local databases and Valentina Server).
Valentina Studio 6 is free with registration through the Paradigma Software online store, through the Apple Mac App Store and directly within the application. All features of Valentina Studio 6 are also available in Valentina Studio 6 Professional Edition, the professional version of Valentina Studio. Valentina Studio Pro includes many features in addition to those included in Valentina Studio:
- Report Designer. Transform your queries into highly formatted reports with full suite of design elements: charts, graphs, barcodes, grids, images, html objects, labels, text boxes and more. Use reports within Valentina Studio Pro or deploy them with local applications using Valentina Reports ADK. Deploy reports on Valentina Server 6 for server side reporting.
- Database Schema Editor. Supports both reverse and forward engineering. Generate diagrams automatically from existing databases. Add new elements visually and generate scripts to modify your database.
- Visual SQL Query Builder. Work directly with tables and links that are a part of the query you want to create, then immediately execute them, save them or copy-paste.
- Enhanced Data Transfer. More than simply importing data, copy records between two different databases. Specify mapping of source/target tables and fields and load records from db1 to db2.
- SQL DIFF. View all of the differences between tables. Compare schemas of two databases and produce SQL scripts that can transform the first schema into the second. Apply changes directly to the first database.
Valentina Studio Pro is available on Linux, Mac OS X and Windows for $199. Valentina Studio Pro Universal works on all three operating systems and costs $399. They are both immediately available through the Paradigma Software website.