New Valentina Database & Reports ADK for Python, Improvements to Valentina Studio Pro and more.
Paradigma Software announces the immediate availability of Valentina Release 10, which includes new support for the Python language.
Valentina Studio / Valentina Studio Pro
Valentina Studio is the free, all purpose database management and forms client tool. Valentina Studio Pro combines database management with diagramming, forms creation, reporting and database continuous integration. Available on Windows, Linux and macOS.
- [New] Synchronization of server bookmarks and SQL snippets via Cloud Storage (Dropbox, GoogleDrive). Prefs Panel lets you can specify the folder on an HDD where Valentina Studio will generate these two files.
- [New][SQL Editor] SQL Snippets now can be linked to specific database(s) you are working on. Select snippets using a contextual menu based on the database.
Valentina Reports cross platform reports system is available in Valentina Reports Server, Valentina Reports ADK for embedding a reporting system into applications and Valentina Studio as a reports authoring, testing and deployment platform.
- [Fix][CUPS] Some printers print on two sides by default, so need to specify one-sided printing explicitly
Valentina Server incorporates Valentina Reports Server, Valentina Forms Server and two database servers: Valentina DB Server and Valentina SQLite Server. Available for Windows, Linux, macOS and Raspberry PI.
- [Fix] 8718 – VServer creates file ‘vServer.ini.example’
Valentina DB is Paradigma Software advanced, object relational database and available in Valentina DB Server (a part of Valentina Server) and Valentina DB ADKs (developer components for adding runtime database support to applications).
- [Imp] Improved speed of non-indexed-scan algorithms between 10 to 20 times
- New][SQL] Window Functions, a part of SQL Standard 2003-2008
Window function examples include SELECT SUM(f2) OVER ( [PARTITION BY flds] [ORDER BY flds] ), RowNumber(), Rank(), Dens_Rank(), Percent_Rank(), Cum_Dist() SUM() OVER …. This feature works over a single table, JOINs, UNIONs and more. This feature will be extended soon to include: AVG(), MIN(), MAX (). Read more about the Windows clause and Windows functions in the Valentina 10 documentation.
Valentina for Python ADK
Valentina Database ADK and Valentina Reports ADK are available on Windows, Linux and macOS (with Raspberry PI support coming soon) for Python development. The Valentina ADK Client for Python also works with Valentina Server. When available, the Linux version license will also work for the Raspberry PI components.
- 64 bit editions for Windows, Linux and macOS (32 bit for ARM7 Raspbian coming soon)
- Valentina Client licensing included free with Valentina Server
Valentina 10 products are immediately available for download from the Paradigma Software website. You can also read the announcement on the Paradigma Software forum.