Main Window Help
This page describes the Main Window and its elements.
By default on start Valentina Studio opens up one Main Window, with two Tab-panel:
- Start Page
- Schema Editor
You can tune this behavior in the Preferences dialog.
Elements of Main Window
You can see that Main window contains
- Main toolbar at top
- Status bar at bottom
- Set of TAB-panels
On the top of the main window you can see the Main toolbar. You can Hide/Show the main toolbar from the menu VIEW.
You can see a few groups of buttons here. Each button has a tooltip with its name. Some buttons can be disabled if they have no sense in the current context.
- “Refresh” – this button refreshes the selected object and its sub-objects. For example, if you or other users have executed some ALTER command via SQL Editor, Valentina Studio does not see changes on the remote DB server immediately.
- “New…” – Opens a dialog to create a new database according to the selected connection.
- “Open…” – Opens a dialog to select a local file.
- “Save Changes” – Saves all changes.
- “Start Page” – Opens if closed, or move forward the Start Page tab-panel. Can be only one start page panel.
- “Schema Editor” – Opens one more tab-panel with Schema Editor.
- “SQL Editor” – Opens one more tab-panel with SQL Editor.
- “Query Builder” – Opens one more tab-panel with Query Editor.
- “Data Editor” – Opens one more tab-panel with Data Editor.
- “Server Admin” – Opens one more tab-panel with Server Admin.
- “Open Query Log” – Opens one more tab-panel with queries issued both by the user and Valentina Studio itself.
- “Connect To…” - Opens a Connect dialog.
The Main Window can contain one or more TAB-panels for different EDITORS of Valentina Studio.
You can open one more Editor from the Tools menu or from the main toolbar. Note, that you can open a few the same TAB-panels if needed.
Each Tab-panel has a small icon in its header that allows you to close it even if it is not active. To see the close box icon you need to move the mouse cursor over the Tab header.
You can change the position of a TAB panel by dragging its header.