Now that Java developers can embed Valentina DB and Valentina Reports into their applications as well as interface with the powerful Valentina Server. To get started with Valentina ADK for Java products, watch these instructions videos for:
These videos cover installing Valentina ADK for Java on their respective operating systems in preparation for working with Valentina Reports and Valentina database.
- Downloading the single ADK archive for both products
- Installing the single archive from the installer image
- Linking to the Valentina framework with NetBeans
- Defining the path the JNI Valentina Library
- Setting up a basic UI to work with Valentina ADK
- Adding code to connect to a remote Valentina Server
- Adding some SELECT code to display some records
Paradigma Software, the fast database and reports technology solution provider, announces the immediate availability of Valentina Reports ADK for Java 5.5.3, a platform for building business data visualization solutions.
Valentina Reports ADK for Java allows developers to generate and present visually rich reports in their applications. It also allows generation of reports from Valentina Server, the ultra-fast business intelligence server that incorporates report generation from SQL Server, MySQL, Oracle, PostgreSQL and other data sources. Valentina Server also incorporates a full object-relational, columnar database engine, Valentina DB.
Valentina Reports supports a visual toolbox including barcodes, charts, graphs, quick shapes, live html, sub-reports, page breaks and other visual elements that can be assembled into complete reports. Programmatically export your reports as XML enriched PDF documents, web pages, text or graphics. Reports are built as projects from queries within Valentina Studio Pro, the visual SQL administration tool available on Mac OS X, Linux and Windows. The same report project can be deployed transparently with over 30 development platforms. Continue reading Valentina Reports for Java Now Available
Paradigma Software announces the immediate availability of Valentina Technology Release 5.5.3, following on the 5.5.2 release. 5.5.3 includes multiple fixes and improvements to Valentina Studio, Valentina Server and the Valentina Kernel (underlying all Valentina products).
Valentina Studio is a free database admin and development tool available for Mac OS X, Windows and Linux. Valentina Server, available in a free 5 connection edition and higher capacity commercial versions, provides a complete, ultra-fast business reporting platform for all major databases including MySQL, Oracle, SQL Server, PostgreSQL and more; it also includes the object-relational Valentina DB server. Valentina DB ADK lets developers embed the ultra fast Valentina DB database in standalone applications; Valentina Reports ADK embeds the complete Valentina Reports business reporting engine in applications. Both ADKs start at $199 and include royalty free deployment.
The 5.5.2 release also included:
- 11 new instructional videos available on the Paradigma Software Youtube Channel
- Documentation of the VProject.MakeNewReport() methods to have a new optional parameter bind array
- New wiki information on the separately announced Valentina for Java
- Added support of mySQL and postgreSQL datasources via socket file in Valentina Studio