1. Jochen Peters
  2. Valentina Server
  3. Samstag, November 11 2017, 03:49 PM
  4.  Abonnieren via E-Mail
Hello,

I was checking some settings in INI-File of Valentina Server. There is Setting called SLAVEMODE. I was looking on your Wiki, but couldn't find anything about it. Only thing I understood is if I set SLAVEMODE to 1, then it is slave-server with Read Only access. Is this somehow supposed to be used for DB replication?
If it is so, then how to set them to work together?
If not, then do you have now true replication? We are looking for solution for MASTER-SLAVE. Last time when I contacted you, in January, you told me you don't have true replication yet. Is there something new, or some plans in this category from then?

Thank you,
Best Regards,
Aleksandar
:)
Kommentar
There are no comments made yet.
Ruslan Zasukhin Akzeptierte Antwort
Hi Alexander,

we still have no such feature. INI file I think contains it as prepare step.
You use ValentinaDB under VServer?
Kommentar
Jochen Peters Akzeptierte Antwort
Yes, I am using it under VServer.
Kommentar
Ruslan Zasukhin Akzeptierte Antwort
Which task you would like to solve with master-slave?
Kommentar
Jochen Peters Akzeptierte Antwort
I want to have backup DB which is same as master and to be able to connect to it at any time, after network, hardware or any other failure. Working with 2 databases simultaneously or creating any kind of backup software could make much differences, so I found replication as only solution for now.

Also, I have another question about VServer. If I want to set timeout and kill connection when it is idle more then 5 minutes, shouldn't I set MaxIdleClientTimeout=5 ? Watching last activity in Valentina Studio, I found that connection is still alive, after 15 minutes.
Kommentar
Ivan Smahin Akzeptierte Antwort
Yes, you should set MaxIdleClientTimeout. A client will be disconnected after it's inactivity time is more than that value.
vStudio is a bit different story. This app sends some "fake/empty" command to the server periodically just to keep the connection alive.
Kommentar
  • Seite :

There are no replies made for this post yet.
However, you are not allowed to reply to this post.

Categories

Announcements & News
  1. 0 subcategories
Valentina Studio
  1. 2 subcategories
Valentina Server
  1. 4 subcategories
Valentina Database ADK
  1. 0 subcategories
Valentina Reports ADK
  1. 0 subcategories
Other Discussions