1. Kevin
  2. Valentina Studio
  3. Dienstag, November 13 2018, 04:09 PM
  4.  Abonnieren via E-Mail
I come from Access. Relied heavily on its graphical interface to do things.

I am in the process of transferring my databases over to SQLite, using Valentina Studio Pro.

One of my Access databases includes a link to a CSV file, that gets updated frequently and is used to update tables. In my Access database, I have a form, with several buttons that makes a "temp" table (always the same name) from the CSV file, prepares the data for import, verifies the data, and then appends the data to existing tables.

I am not sure how to get the data from the CSV file into a table efficiently with Valentina Studio Pro. The Import Wizard is awesome ... I have been able use this feature to get my data from Access into SQLite. I could use this for the CSV file that gets updated frequently but mapping fields each time is not efficient and there doesn't appear to be a way to save the import to use later (in the Import Wizard or a button on a form). There is the SQLite CSV Import (this appears to be similar to what I am doing in Access) ... but I am not sure how to do this in Studio Pro or in a button on a form in Studio Pro.

Thank you.
Kommentar
There are no comments made yet.
Sergey Pashkov Akzeptierte Antwort
Hello Kevin,
We can add saving the mapping info to file in the Import Wizard.
I'll add this task to the bug tracker.
Kommentar
Kevin Akzeptierte Antwort
Thank you.
Kommentar
  • Seite :

There are no replies made for this post yet.
However, you are not allowed to reply to this post.

Categories

Announcements & News
  1. 0 subcategories
Valentina Studio
  1. 2 subcategories
Valentina Server
  1. 4 subcategories
Valentina Database ADK
  1. 0 subcategories
Valentina Reports ADK
  1. 0 subcategories
Other Discussions