On the 20th anniversary since the first release of Valentina 1.0, the fast object-relational database management system, Paradigma Software announces Release 9 of the Valentina Platform of data management and data visualization tools.
Valentina Studio Pro 9 is the advanced database management and visual development tool available on Linux, Windows and macOS. It supports all major databases including MySQL, MS SQL Server, PostgreSQL, SQLite, MariaDB and ValentinaDB. It includes features that most other vendors sell separately, such as forward engineering diagramming, SQL DIFF, Database Continuous Integration and more.
Valentina Studio Pro 9 adds several new and useful features, including:
- SQL Editor Analysis Tools. New static analyzer flags coding errors and tracks them in a new console panel
- SQL Editor Default Schema Options. A special menu for working with default schemas now supports MySQL and MS SQL Server
- Schema Editor Event Tool. Create events that support Valentina Projects usable on Valentina Server
- Preview Reports from Project Window. You can immediately preview Valentina Reports right within the Project Window
Valentina Studio 9 also includes other minor feature improvements, improved speed in working with BLOB values, updated SQLite support and more. Studio 9 also supports both the old protocol of Valentina Server 8 as well as the new protocols introduced in Valentina Server 9. Valentina Studio 9 for Windows, macOS and Linux is licensed but free. Valentina Studio Pro 9 is $199 per OS license and includes 12 months of free updates. Valentina Studio UNIVERSAL 9 is a single license that works on all three operating systems and licensed on a user basis.
Valentina Server 9 is a multi-platform, multi-purpose server including Valentina Reports Server, Valentina Forms Server, Valentina DB Server and Valentina SQLite Server. Valentina Reports Server and Valentina Forms Server support all major databases including MySQL, MS SQL Server, PostgreSQL, SQLite, MariaDB and ValentinaDB, and including its own incorporated Valentina DB Server and Valentina SQLite Server. Reports and Forms are built with Valentina Studio Pro 9. Valentina Server 9 is available in a free evaluation version, with single deployment on Windows, macOS or Linux - including both x86 and ARM 7 Raspbian / Raspberry PI starting at $299. A free version is also available for academics, educators, students and academic institutions. Valentina Developer Network is an OEM solution for developers to deploy a special version of Valentina Server to their customers, royalty free, and begins at $599 to deploy on all three operating systems. Valentina Server 9 includes some useful improvements:
- Event Scheduler. Valentina Server Event Scheduler now supports working with back up versions of Valentina Projects
- Password Update Management. Better management of handling old and new passwords for users
- Valentina SQLite Server Update. Updated to support SQLite 3.26 for scaling SQLite databases up to the Valentina SQLite Server system
- Updated Protocols of Valentina DB. A new protocol removes several previously required keywords, making development on the object-relational platform faster and simpler
All Valentina ADKs (application developer kits) are also updated with all improvements made in Studio and Server. Valentina Reports ADK lets developers embed and deploy advanced reporting features in their applications royalty free, and supports all major development tools and operating systems. Valentina DB ADK lets developers embed and deploy the ultra fast, object relational ValentinaDB database in their applications, royalty free. The Valentina CLIENT component of the ADKs are also included with licenses for Valentina Server, making it possible to have native interfaces to Valentina Server. Valentina ADKs start at $199 per platform or $999 for all supported platforms each.
All Valentina products are available on a simple, no rental model, including free updates for 12 months and permits ongoing use after the free update period is over. Upgrading before the end of the 12 months provides for a substantial discount.