Paradigma Software announces the release of Valentina DB 4.1, a general product release including a special, new feature for managing hierarchical data with recursive SQL commands.
Valentina DB 4.1 provides both performance improvements and some additional features:
- Recursive SQL Queries. An advanced feature thought to be the first implementation in databases: recursive SQL calls for handling hierarchical data.
- Stored Procedure Improvements. Stored procedures now work with exceptions and variables.
- Valentina Reports Performance. General improvements to Valentina Reports makes some report generation up to 10 times faster.
- Valentina for Ruby (Macintosh). Now multiple versions have been consolidated and improved.
- Better User Education. The Valentina DB wiki now features several video tutorials, PDF versions of developer references and a new developer blog for extended explanations of features.
Recursive SQL queries are implemented as three new kinds of queries specially designed for recursive (hierarchical) tables. Tree-like data, such as human relationships, threaded forums and more can be expressed in a Valentina DB, with specific functions permitted for managing ancestors, sibling and descendant data.
Valentina DB 4.1 also incorporates dozens of user requested improvements and fixes to improve overall robustness on all three operating systems: Windows, Linux and Mac OS X.
Valentina DB based products include Valentina ADK and Valentina Developer Network for developers desiring to incorporate the incredibly fast Valentina DB into their applications. VDN also allows royalty free deployment of Valentina Embedded Server. Developer solutions start at $199 for every major development environment on Windows, Linux and Mac OS X, including iPhone deployment.
Valentina Reports is a powerful, visual report creation and generation engine that drops right into the Valentina DB kernel and generates charts, graphs, complex layouts of data with groups and sub-reports, PDFs and more. Unlimited Report deployment is available for as little as $200.