1. Jochen Peters
  2. Valentina Reports ADK
  3. Dienstag, Mai 23 2017, 04:17 PM
  4.  Abonnieren via E-Mail
I bought Omega Bundle and installed the ADK and when I run the app, it crashes when it hits this line:

rep1 = vlProject.MakeNewReport( lsReportName, gsConnectionStr, DefineEncoding(lsSql, ENcodings.UTF8))


No error or exception, just crashes to desktop.

Had no problems with the last version. Been using it for years.

Any ideas???
Rich
Kommentar
There are no comments made yet.
Sergey Pashkov Akzeptierte Antwort
Hi Richard,

Are you using the version 7.1.4? There was a fix for such issue in this version.
Kommentar
There are no comments made yet.
Jochen Peters Akzeptierte Antwort
Not sure I just downloaded them from the Downloads Page. How do I check version on adk? I'm on a Mac.
Kommentar
There are no comments made yet.
Jochen Peters Akzeptierte Antwort
Studio is 7.1.4. Do I have to open the projects and reserve them with 7.1.4?
Kommentar
There are no comments made yet.
Sergey Pashkov Akzeptierte Antwort
It is the latest version, so it must be 7.1.4.

What about lsReportName, gsConnectionStr - do they have correct encoding?

Do you have a crash log? Maybe the problem is somewhere else
Kommentar
There are no comments made yet.
Jochen Peters Akzeptierte Antwort
This code has been working flawlessly for years. It's not the code.

Tell me where to get the log and I'll get it.
Kommentar
There are no comments made yet.
Jochen Peters Akzeptierte Antwort
I'm have to leave but will check this tomorrow AM Chicago Time.
Kommentar
There are no comments made yet.
Sergey Pashkov Akzeptierte Antwort
If it is not shown automatically, you can open the Console.app and reproduce the crash - it will appear in the console, so it is possible to expand it and get the crash log.

There were changes in the strings conversion when Xojo sets it to Nil.
We have seen it sometimes in the web applications when the text value is received from the drop-down list or some external source.

So please try to set an encoding

If lsReportName.Encoding = Nil Then
lsReportName = DefineEncoding( lsReportName, Encodings.UTF8 )
End if

If gsConnectionStr.Encoding = Nil Then
gsConnectionStr = DefineEncoding( gsConnectionStr, Encodings.UTF8 )
End if
Kommentar
There are no comments made yet.
Jochen Peters Akzeptierte Antwort
This is a Desktop, not web app, but I put the code in anyway. Still crashes.

I can't find any log in console either.
Kommentar
There are no comments made yet.
Sergey Pashkov Akzeptierte Antwort
Then it's something else.

And VStudio generates a report from this project without any problem, right?

I've recorded a short video on how to view:
1) Automatic crash log, if any
2) Crash log in the Console.app
3) Valentina log (enabled using Valentina.DebugLevel = EVDebugLevel.kLogParams after initialization)

Note: It is an old version with crash on Nil encoding
Referenzen
  1. https://www.dropbox.com/s/9xx8wn988lum0bk/v4rb_logs.mp4?dl=0
Kommentar
There are no comments made yet.
Jochen Peters Akzeptierte Antwort
Here's the log. I haven't trie running the report from studio. I'm updating an app that has been using the same report file for over a year.

This is beginning to become urgent.
Anhänge
Kommentar
There are no comments made yet.
Sergey Pashkov Akzeptierte Antwort
And no crash log in the Console?
Only one report crashes, right?

There were changes to the report engine.

We need some way to reproduce the crash to fix it ASAP - the report itself and sample data.
Is it possible?
Kommentar
There are no comments made yet.
Jochen Peters Akzeptierte Antwort
Do I have to save report file in new Studio?

Didn't that log help?
Kommentar
There are no comments made yet.
Jochen Peters Akzeptierte Antwort
I have something else that's a little more disturbing, I loaded the asp File into the new studio and a few days later I noticed all my reports were removed, the file was empty.:(
Kommentar
There are no comments made yet.
Sergey Pashkov Akzeptierte Antwort
So it was necessary to update the ValentinaPlugin.xojo_plugin in the /Applications/Xojo .../Plugins/ directory and restart a Xojo.

Usually, it is enough to restart the Xojo after updating the plugin, but in that case, we've encountered a crash during compiled application start. Error in the crash log said:
Assertion failed: (pluginEntryTable.GetEntry( entrypointName, out ), "can't find plugin method VVolume.File(index as integer) As VEmbFile";), function RuntimeLookupPluginEntrypoint, file Common/plugin.cpp, line 990.

Mentioned class was removed some time ago and doesn't exist in the current version.

Xojo has the plugins cache:
~/Library/Caches/Xojo/.../Precompiled Plugins

After removing that cache (with Xojo restarting) an application seems to work again.
Kommentar
There are no comments made yet.
  • Seite :
  • 1


There are no replies made for this post yet.
However, you are not allowed to reply to this post.

Categories

Announcements & News
  1. 0 subcategories
Valentina Studio
  1. 2 subcategories
Valentina Server
  1. 4 subcategories
Valentina Database ADK
  1. 0 subcategories
Valentina Reports ADK
  1. 0 subcategories
Other Discussions
  1. 0 subcategories
BETA Testing
  1. 0 subcategories
Education & Research
  1. 0 subcategories
Omegabundle
  1. 0 subcategories