Table of Contents
Valentina Performance Guide
This section is under construction.
- Database Cache – Describes database cache.
- Choose Best Type – Describes choice of the best field type.
- indexes – Describes using of indexes to speed up things.
- Rebuilding Indexes – Discusses the need to rebuild indexes on regular basis.
Valentina Engine Specific Tricks
- BLOB Compression – Describes BLOB compression.
- RAM Temporary Objects – Described usage of RAM based ds, tables, fields.
- Disable Indexes of Table – Describes how you can easy disable indexes for massive operations on a Table.
Data Model - Links
- ObjectPtr vs FK Join Speed – Describes why ObjectPtr joins are faster 4x times
- BinaryLink M:M vs FK Join Speed – Describes why BinaryLink joins are faster 8x times of M:M third party solution.
- api – NON-SQL way, that uses low level API of Valentina ADKs.
- SELECT Few Columns – Use Advantage of columnar kind of Valentina format.
- Use SQL Binding – Describes why using of SQL binding can enable usage of Pool of Queries and speed up things.
- FROM DISTINCT – Describes using of FROM DISTINCT syntax.
- tune mode – Describes usage of the Tune Mode to profile SQL queries.
Valentina Server Tricks
- use stored procedures – Keeps as much as possible of business logic on the server side.