Table of Contents
About Valentina Model
- Valentina Database White Paper - this document gives the brief description of Valentina advantages. More deeply Valentina features are described in the following articles and other documentation.
- A Technical Introduction to Valentina - good for Valentina starters. Introduce elements of Valentina database model.
- Database Models - A quick overview of different database models, including all the most common database models in the software industry and the new Valentina database model.
- Choosing a Style of Coding - There are three ways to code most Valentina databases: an SQL style, an API style and a native development environment style. This section covers the SQL and API styles.
About Valentina Engine
- Properties of Database Objects - This article describes “Properties of Database Objects”, the unique feature of Valentina Object-Relational (OR) Data Model.
- Valentina Vertical Storage - This article describes advantages of vertical table storage vs row storage used in most dbs (in progress).
About Valentina SQL
- Hierarchical (Recursive) Queries in Valentina SQL - This article describes advantages of Valentina approach solving recursive (hierarchical) queries.
- Selecting fields that are not in GROUP BY - This article describes common approach to select some records from each group of records.
- DISTINCTROW in Valentina SQL - This article describes DISTINCTROW-like solution for selecting distinct rows from a join result.
About Valentina Server
- Valentina Server logging facilities - This article describes logging facilities of Valentina Server.