1. Jonathan Ashwell
  2. Valentina Database ADK
  3. Monday, December 04 2017, 04:33 PM
  4.  Subscribe via email
I have a db with a table (thereferences) that has bad index (diagnose -> problems). When I reindex in VStudio the problem is fixed. But when I try to do this in my app diagnose still reports problems. I'm using this code -- what am I doing incorrectly?

call myDatabase.SqlExecute("Reindex table thereferences";)
Comment
There are no comments made yet.
Ruslan Zasukhin Accepted Answer
Thank you for confirmation. I will close this issue here,
and will push 7.5.6 release into public place.
Comment
There are no comments made yet.
  1. more than a month ago
  2. Valentina Database ADK
  3. # 1
Jonathan Ashwell Accepted Answer
Yes, it works! Thank you and Ivan for fixing this so rapidly.

Jon
Comment
There are no comments made yet.
  1. more than a month ago
  2. Valentina Database ADK
  3. # 2
Ruslan Zasukhin Accepted Answer
Hi Jon,

Bug fixed in the new alg (v7.5.1) to reindex by words.

New hotfix build 7.5.6 uploaded into
http://valentina-db.com/download/prev_releases/

please try and confirm that issue is solved.
Comment
There are no comments made yet.
  1. more than a month ago
  2. Valentina Database ADK
  3. # 3
Jonathan Ashwell Accepted Answer
No, no, no! There was NO crash! It's not just this library. NO Library I try reindex on works!!!!! This is just one example.

Did you try reindexing the library I sent you programatically?

Please don't brush this off -- corrupt indexes are the most common problem I see with Valentina and I need to be able to fix them from within my app.

This is a Valentina bug as far as I'm concerned. Please investigate and fix it.
Comment
There are no comments made yet.
  1. more than a month ago
  2. Valentina Database ADK
  3. # 4
Ivan Smahin Accepted Answer
As far as I get it - you do
- SQL statement "reindex database" in your app;
- close db (or your app);
- open db with vStudio and do diagnose. And here you see index errors anyway.

If you do the same steps, but with vStudio - no errors.

Correct?

Probably, your app was crashed/aborted for some reason, and result of "reindex database" was not flushed to the disk. In other words - db was not closed correctly (BTW, you should see a warning from vStudio). In such case, db.Open causes restoring db to the last known state (following db-journal).
Comment
There are no comments made yet.
  1. more than a month ago
  2. Valentina Database ADK
  3. # 5
Jonathan Ashwell Accepted Answer
I've sent it to you as an email attachment.

I've tried "Reindex database" too, with no success.

I can't trash the index file because it's in the db bundle.

This is what happens:

1. Diagnose -> problems with index of one table.
2. I reindex that table.
3. Diagnose again -> same problems.

As I said, if I reindex that table in VStudio a new diagnose -> no problems. But when I do this programmatically (V4RB, version 7.5.2) it fails.
Comment
There are no comments made yet.
  1. more than a month ago
  2. Valentina Database ADK
  3. # 6
Ivan Smahin Accepted Answer
Could you send me the diagnose log (high verbose level) and db for testing?
Probably this is not related to the particular index only - what about reindex whole database?
Trashing index file is an option as well.
Could you describe what happens more specific? Does error reappear after your app activity only? What do you do there specifically?
Comment
There are no comments made yet.
  1. more than a month ago
  2. Valentina Database ADK
  3. # 7
In fact, sometimes (for some index corruption), this is working well, but not all the time as in VStudio.
Comment
There are no comments made yet.
  1. more than a month ago
  2. Valentina Database ADK
  3. # 8
Jonathan Ashwell Accepted Answer
I should have said I'm using Valentina 7.5.2 and Xojo, and the index is in the bundle. I assumed that because VStudio worked the problem is with my code, but since it's happening to you, too, maybe it's a longstanding bug V4RB?

Ivan?
Comment
There are no comments made yet.
  1. more than a month ago
  2. Valentina Database ADK
  3. # 9
This happens to me too. Valentina 5.8.8 + Xojo (Realbasic).
I must
- close the db
- trash the index file
- open again the db
in order to correct the problem.

Best regards
Comment
There are no comments made yet.
  1. more than a month ago
  2. Valentina Database ADK
  3. # 10
  • Page :
  • 1


There are no replies made for this post yet.
However, you are not allowed to reply to this post.

Categories

Announcements & News
  1. 0 subcategories
Valentina Studio
  1. 2 subcategories
Valentina Server
  1. 4 subcategories
Valentina Database ADK
  1. 0 subcategories
Valentina Reports ADK
  1. 0 subcategories
Other Discussions
  1. 0 subcategories
BETA Testing
  1. 0 subcategories
Education & Research
  1. 0 subcategories
Omegabundle
  1. 0 subcategories