1. B M
  2. Valentina Studio
  3. Tuesday, January 16 2018, 02:41 AM
  4.  Subscribe via email
This is a feature request and I am not sure how difficult or not it would be easy to implement (although I cannot imagine too difficult). As I spend more and more time with Studio Pro in my day-to-day database admin and management tasks, one feature that I miss a lot from SQL Developer (this time) is the ability to view table rows as a record not in a tabular format but in a row format. For example, normally the only way you can view things in Valentina today is something like this:

col1 col2 col3
val1 val2 val3

How about right clicking on a row and getting a record view of above in the following format:

col1: val1
col2: val2
col3: val3

This would be an immense help especially with tables when one h as to deal with a large number of columns. Having everything at glance vs scrolling left and right would go a long way... :-)

Many thanks.
Comment
There are no comments made yet.
B M Accepted Answer
Hi B M,

Thank you very much for your feature request.

May be you can drop here or into Mantis picture how it looks in SQL Developer? Because I see 2 ability
1) still as a grid, as we have now in Table Editor
2) kind of forms.

I am including a screenshot from SQL Developer. The highlighted row in blue is your typical display of data, including in Valentina Studio. In the forefront you see a 'record' display that takes the same row and presents it in a very easy to follow format. So instead of scrolling left and right (back and forth), I see everything at glance in front of me.
Attachments (1)
Comment
  1. more than a month ago
  2. Valentina Studio
  3. # 1
Ruslan Zasukhin Accepted Answer
Hi B M,

Thank you very much for your feature request.

May be you can drop here or into Mantis picture how it looks in SQL Developer? Because I see 2 ability
1) still as a grid, as we have now in Table Editor
2) kind of forms.
Comment
  1. more than a month ago
  2. Valentina Studio
  3. # 2
Lynn Fredricks Accepted Answer
Please submit feature requests through MANTIS. Engineering looks at everything that comes in on it.
Comment
  1. more than a month ago
  2. Valentina Studio
  3. # 3
  • Page :

There are no replies made for this post yet.
However, you are not allowed to reply to this post.

Categories

Announcements & News
  1. 0 subcategories
Valentina Studio
  1. 2 subcategories
Valentina Server
  1. 4 subcategories
Valentina Database ADK
  1. 0 subcategories
Valentina Reports ADK
  1. 0 subcategories
Other Discussions