1. Andrew Knight
  2. Valentina Studio
  3. Thursday, January 17 2019, 02:45 PM
  4.  Subscribe via email
Hello all,

I'm using Valentina Studio 8.7.2 on Mac OS 10.14.2 with Postgres 9.4 running on Ubuntu 16.0.4.

On an existing database, I need to change some table relationships from one-to-many to one-to-one, but when I attempt to modify the cardinality of the relationship, the Cardinality dropdown is grayed out. I'm using Valentina Studio Free at this time. Is changing cardinality a feature of the paid product, or am I missing something in the documentation?

If I apply a unique constraint to the foreign key column of the dependent table, will this serve the same purpose as changing the cardinality?

Thanks in advance. VS is a great product and my first choice every day for developing and managing with Postgres.
Comment
There are no comments made yet.
Sergey Pashkov Accepted Answer
Hello Andrew,

Yes, you should create a unique constraint for the foreign key field and refresh this relation to see an effect.
For now, we allow changing the cardinality only for the new links, so it's not a limitation of a free version.
Comment
  1. more than a month ago
  2. Valentina Studio
  3. # 1
Andrew Knight Accepted Answer
Hey Sergey, thanks very much for the quick reply. I’ll create the unique constraint on the dependent table.
Comment
  1. more than a month ago
  2. Valentina Studio
  3. # 2
  • Page :

There are no replies made for this post yet.
However, you are not allowed to reply to this post.

Categories

Announcements & News
  1. 0 subcategories
Valentina Studio
  1. 2 subcategories
Valentina Server
  1. 4 subcategories
Valentina Database ADK
  1. 0 subcategories
Valentina Reports ADK
  1. 0 subcategories
Other Discussions