1. Eleanor Jones
  2. Valentina Studio
  3. Wednesday, April 17 2019, 01:02 AM
  4.  Subscribe via email
Hello,

So I am repeatedly running into an odd error in a form. I have a list of fields (from the source table for the form) for each record, and the records can be clicked through by the arrows without issue. The data mode for these fields is set to inherited, but I have encountered the same problem with other data modes.

There is an "update" button, with the default script created from Set Action > Table > Update Record. The selected table is the source table, so the code for this button is:
records = this.table.getTableCursor( this.uuid )
records.updateRecord()

When the form is executed, I am usually able to edit a field in the open record, and save the changes by clicking "update". Then I can click forward and back on the arrows to see that the change is in fact saved. Usually, this is done without issue, but occasionally there is a slew of errors that happen when I click "update". When I exit Valentina Studio Pro entirely and open the project file back up again, oftentimes the errors don't happen again. I have tried this back and forth various times without changing anything in the form or the schema and these errors keep popping up occasionally. I do want to note that any changes to the field are still saved even when this issue happens.

I am using Windows 10 and a coworker of mine uses Valentina Studio Pro on his Mac. We both open and use this exact same project file, and he has never run into the issue. The DB which is the datasource for this form is PostgreSQL and hosted on Google Cloud.

Thank you!
Attachments (3)
Comment
There are no comments made yet.
Sergey Pashkov Accepted Answer
Hello Eleanor,

Thank you, we'll recheck it on Windows.
Comment
There are no comments made yet.
  1. more than a month ago
  2. Valentina Studio
  3. # 1
Sergey Pashkov Accepted Answer
We can't reproduce it yet.
Could you please create a new project, copy this form to it and send it to us (or share via Dropbox, Google Drive)?
My email is sergey_pashkov@valentina-db.com
Comment
There are no comments made yet.
  1. more than a month ago
  2. Valentina Studio
  3. # 2
Sergey Pashkov Accepted Answer
Thank you, we received the project files but unfortunately still unable to reproduce these errors.

In the test project, you modify a datasource so it points to the original database, and errors happen again, right?
Comment
There are no comments made yet.
  1. more than a month ago
  2. Valentina Studio
  3. # 3
Eleanor Jones Accepted Answer
Yes, that was happening yesterday. They were still happening in my original project only before I changed the datasource. Today, when I modified the test project file so it again points to my original data source, I haven't yet gotten the errors again. That seems odd so I'm setting up my original database again to see if that changes anything in my original project file or the test project file. I've been getting these errors over the past couple weeks so it doesn't seem like a one-off thing.
Comment
There are no comments made yet.
  1. more than a month ago
  2. Valentina Studio
  3. # 4
  • Page :
  • 1


There are no replies made for this post yet.
However, you are not allowed to reply to this post.

Categories

Announcements & News
  1. 0 subcategories
Valentina Studio
  1. 2 subcategories
Valentina Server
  1. 4 subcategories
Valentina Database ADK
  1. 0 subcategories
Valentina Reports ADK
  1. 0 subcategories
Other Discussions
  1. 0 subcategories
BETA Testing
  1. 0 subcategories
Education & Research
  1. 0 subcategories
Omegabundle
  1. 0 subcategories