1. B M
  2. Valentina Studio
  3. 水, 4月 15 2020, 05:35 PM
  4.  メールで購読
It appears I have a ton of issues trying to use a connection via ODBC driver and Valentina Studio (10.1.2). In this case, I am trying to connect to Cloudera Impala data warehouse (I can only do it really through ODBC). However, If I click on SQL editor, entire application freezes. I tried to wait it out but it's unusable. I have to kill it each time. To be fair, I never had really any luck using ODBC within Valentina studio setup. :(

Any suggestions?
コメント
There are no comments made yet.
Sergey Pashkov 承諾済みの回答
Hello,

Is there a trial version of Cloudera Impala Data Warehouse?
It is not listed on downloads page https://www.cloudera.com/downloads.html
コメント
B M 承諾済みの回答
Hi Sergey,

I don't believe they have a "demo" database you could connect to. All they have is their own ODBC/JDBC drivers you use to connect to their product. In case of ODBC, this is not just Clouder/Impala with performance issues here. This is just a proverbial "straw that broke the camel's back". Using ODBC with Oracle, for example, suffers from the same performance issues, albeit not as severe ones as Cloudera where I cannot even open a SQL editor. The reason I bring it up is because the same ODBC connection works just fine (or is acceptable) when connecting through Excel, for example. Different application, same ODBC connection, different results. So, this leads me to believe that there must be some underlying issue in Valentina that causes this behavior.

By the way, to download ODBC driver, go here instead: https://www.cloudera.com/downloads/connectors/impala/odbc/2-6-9.html. You can pick the version for Windows 32 or 64 bit, does matter. Results are really the same.
コメント
Sergey Pashkov 承諾済みの回答
Hello,

You're connecting Cloudera Data Warehouse - is it a cloud-based solution, like Amazon RDS?

I installed the Cloudera ODBC driver on Windows connecting Impala engine running in Cloudera QuickStart VM and it works with my test database.

After connection, is the list of tables shown correctly?
What if you try to open the list of views?
How big is the schema of the database you connect to? What if you connect to some small database?
コメント
  • ページ :

There are no replies made for this post yet.
However, you are not allowed to reply to this post.

Categories

Announcements & News
  1. 0 subcategories
Valentina Studio
  1. 2 subcategories
Valentina Server
  1. 4 subcategories
Valentina Database ADK
  1. 0 subcategories
Valentina Reports ADK
  1. 0 subcategories
Other Discussions