1. Steve Wilson
  2. as Report Server
  3. 日, 7月 30 2023, 11:48 AM
  4.  メールで購読
Clarification of required license(s)...

I'm currently weighing up reporting tools to use with an app I'm creating ( Apache + MariaDB + Python ) for a client ( for internal use on their intranet ) and I'm considering using Valentina as I had it some years ago when I was developing with Xojo and liked it.

Would I be right in thinking the company ( and I ) would be able to obtain a license for Valentina Server Free edition, the app would be able to communicate with the Valentina server without an ADK using the REST API and the only thing I would need to purchase is Valentina Studio Pro to design the reports?

As an aside I see Valentina reports now has embedded scripting with JavaScript, can JS request data from the database and is it possible to use a JSON object as the datasource for a report?

Thanks.
コメント
There are no comments made yet.
Lynn Fredricks 承諾済みの回答
There is a Python client, with the free version that's licensed with Valentina Server, and also a commercial Valentina ADKs for Python.

You might want to also consider the Reporting for Python product. That includes Valentina Studio PRO, all three Valentina Reports ADKs for Python and a copy of Valentina Server /25.

A more technical reply regarding REST should be coming along.
コメント
Sergey Pashkov 承諾済みの回答
Hello Steve,

As an aside I see Valentina reports now has embedded scripting with JavaScript, can JS request data from the database and is it possible to use a JSON object as the datasource for a report?

Yes, it will be possible in the next version.
JavaScript array can be a datasource if it has the following structure:
[ { "Col1":"R1C1", "Col2":"R1C2" },{ "Col1":"R2C1", "Col2":"R2C2" }]
コメント
Steve Wilson 承諾済みの回答
Hi Lynn,

I'm not really interested in Reporting for Python, it's too expensive. So given my described scenario can I legitimately use Valentina Server Free + REST and just purchase Valentina Studio Pro?

Hi Sergey,

That looks good as it's the same data format as required by Tabulator which I use extensively. When is the next version due to be released?
コメント
Lynn Fredricks 承諾済みの回答
Hi Steve,

Valentina Server Free version by itself is a 5 connection server. It is free for use under the 'education & research' requirements of our licensing and evaluation for others. If they qualify as an educational institution, then go ahead. If they don't qualify for that, then they should purchase a commercial license of Server just to get support.

However, I confirm they can use Valentina Server Free version for internal use if they do not qualify under 'education & research'.
コメント
Sergey Pashkov 承諾済みの回答
We expect a new version to be released in a few weeks.

Here is an illustration of how new JavaScript functionality is used to get a list of all foreign key constraints in SQLite database

let res = [];

let tables_curs = datasource.sqlSelect("select tbl_name from sqlite_schema WHERE type = 'table' AND substr( name, 0, 8 ) <> 'sqlite_'");

if( tables_curs.firstRecord() )
{
do
{
const tableName = tables_curs.columnValue(0);
let fks_curs = datasource.sqlSelect( `PRAGMA FOREIGN_KEY_LIST('${ tableName }');` );

if( fks_curs.firstRecord() )
{
do
{
const keyColumns = fks_curs.columnValue( 3 ).split(',').map((column) => column.trim()).join( ", " );
const referencedColumns = fks_curs.columnValue( 4 ).split(',').map((column) => column.trim()).join( ", " );
const referencedTable = fks_curs.columnValue( 2 );

const foreignKeyObject = {
"constraintName": nulll,
"tableName": tableName,
"referencedTable": referencedTable,
"keyColumns": keyColumns,
"referencedColumns": referencedColumns,
"onUpdateAction": fks_curs.columnValue( 5 ),
"onDeleteAction": fks_curs.columnValue( 6 ),
"match": fks_curs.columnValue( 7 )
};

res.push( foreignKeyObject );
}
while( fks_curs.nextRecord() )
}
}
while( tables_curs.nextRecord() )
}

res
コメント
Steve Wilson 承諾済みの回答
Thanks Lynn & Sergey,

I'll keep my eye out for the new release.
コメント
  • ページ :

There are no replies made for this post yet.
However, you are not allowed to reply to this post.

Categories

Announcements & News
  1. 0 subcategories
Valentina Studio
  1. 2 subcategories
Valentina Server
  1. 4 subcategories
Valentina Database ADK
  1. 0 subcategories
Valentina Reports ADK
  1. 0 subcategories
Other Discussions