1. B M
  2. Valentina Studio
  3. Понедельник, Январь 15 2018, 10:48 PM
  4.  Подписаться через email
I think I came across a bug in behavior of Studio Pro when designing table structure using "diagram" feature. Upon clicking "apply", instead of creating tables and other corresponding objects in the schema of our choice (the schema we clicked on first before tediously creating our masterful table layout), Valentina picks up first available schema and that's where she wants to create it. See attached screenshot. For a while it drove me nuts that whenever I tried to create tables using 'diagram', I was getting access denied all the time. After looking closer it appears that it always wanted to created tables in the temporary 'toast' schema. Once I disabled in preferences the display of system schemas, I am allowed to create tables except not where I want them. :(

Could you, please, add it to your next patch release?
Вложения
Комментарий
There are no comments made yet.
Sergey Pashkov Ответ принят
Hello,

Can't reproduce it yet.
The correct schema is set in the properties, but the generated query is wrong. Right?
Вложения
Комментарий
B M Ответ принят
Hello,

Can't reproduce it yet.
The correct schema is set in the properties, but the generated query is wrong. Right?

OK. Your answer shed some light at what's going on and at the fact that I can adjust the location of where I want my tables created by clicking on the properties. However, providing that a lot of your interface relies on selecting and click, this seems a bit counter intuitive as by clicking a a particular schema in the diagram editor I would expect the same behavior as elsewhere. This is not the case. So now I know to check the properties o f the table I am about to created before clicking "apply" but as I said, counter intuitive. :-)
Комментарий
  • Страница :

There are no replies made for this post yet.
However, you are not allowed to reply to this post.

Categories

Announcements & News
  1. 0 subcategories
Valentina Studio
  1. 2 subcategories
Valentina Server
  1. 4 subcategories
Valentina Database ADK
  1. 0 subcategories
Valentina Reports ADK
  1. 0 subcategories
Other Discussions